back by popular demand!!
WINNING STRATEGIES PLAYBOOK: HOW TO LEAD STUDENT LEARNING
For teams of district and building-level learning leaders.
Register now to attend this four-part series academy to help you build successful teams to lead teaching and learning in your schools.
Day 1 - July 25, 2023 (OKC) or January 26, 2024 (Tulsa)
Developing a Winning Focus
- Gain ideas, resources, practical examples, helpful resources, & evidence-based strategies;
- Consider what data should be considered for a comprehensive needs assessment and how to present the data to the Board and/or community
- Develop a focus that aligns all required local, state, and federal plans;
- Maximize available web-based resources that make curriculum alignment easy.
Day 2 - September 19, 2023 (OKC) or February 12, 2024 (Tulsa)
Studying Game Film and Stat Sheets
- Determine what assessments are needed to guide classroom instruction
- Learn how to lead staff in interpreting results and creating goals for improvement;
- Study how to select data that matters and impacts student learning.
- And more
Day 3 - October 23, 2023 (OKC) or February 26, 2024 (Tulsa)
Making In-Game Winning Adjustments
- How will we respond when some students do not learn?
- How will we extend the learning for students?
- What are some examples of effective interventions?
- How can we manage classroom behaviors to protect learning time?
Day 4 - November 16, 2023 (OKC) or March 25, 2024 (Tulsa)
Developing Instructional Leaders
- Creating a professional development plan that meets state requirements and ensures effective teachers in every classroom;
- Learn from other districts how their instructional focus generated higher levels of achievement
Costs (for all 4 sessions)
$750 - up to a team of five member school team
DLS Districts will be able to participate for free (up to 5 members)
New Principals Academy Program
The New Principals Assistance Program format provides you with a “support group” in these early critical years of your career. This is an outstanding program that provides solutions to the frustration and the conflicts that develop in the principalship effectively bridging the theoretical/practical gap.
CCOSA in partnership with the Oklahoma State Department of Education provides all of the professional development/required activities for first year superintendents.
Principal Coaching and Mentoring: Sustaining and Supporting School Principals
Designed to provide tools for individuals that supervise principals or individuals that mentor other principals. This training will give participants tools to use when mentoring other leaders to provide thoughtful guidance.
Reaching and Teaching Children Exposed to Trauma with Dr. Barbara Sorrels
School leaders and teachers are invited to this two-day training of understanding trauma and developing strategies for stronger classroom and learning environments for trauma-exposed students.
Principal & Superintendent Certification Exam Preparation
Workshop provides participants with an overview of the COEE OSAT's for the school administration areas. In addition to dissecting and analyzing the subject area study guide, close attention will be given to the tests' required writing assignments.
Each workshop is conducted via zoom from 9am to 4pm.
Dr. Paula Schornick, Professor at NSU- Broken Arrow leads this workshop. She will walk you through strategies to utilize in being successful on the exam.
How are you supporting your early-career educators? CCOSA and the K20 Center have partnered to provide valuable training and support.
The K20 Center has developed the “Uplifting Classroom Environment” model. Its goal is to provide early-career teachers with a number of practical, research-based tools and activities to help them to begin teaching successfully. This professional development’s objectives come from this model and will introduce participants to a multitude of strategies that actively engage students in rigorous instruction that can be delivered in a face-to-face format or modified to an online format.
Join veteran principals for year-long professional growth.