STEP UP for Teachers Advocacy Day
Feb 08, 2018
- Please plan to arrive at the Capitol between 9-10 a.m. Keep in mind there will be security lines at the Capitol entrances.
- Where to go: The second floor of the Capitol rotunda will be the primary staging area. There will be T-shirts, stickers, talking points, a sign-making area, other information and assistance identifying and finding your legislator.
- Meet with legislators.
- Please try to make appointments to meet with your legislators between 10 and 11 a.m.
- Gather on the second floor of the rotunda to hear from special guest speakers, including state schools Superintendent Joy Hofmeister.
- Lunch will be provided at the Capitol at the conclusion of the rotunda gathering.
- Fill the gallery to watch the House of Representatives vote on the teacher pay raise and revenue bills.