2017 OASA Legislative Conference
Jan 26, 2017
The 2017 OASA/CCOSA Legislative Conference was held on January 18, 2017 at the Embassy Suites Downtown Medical Center in Oklahoma City.
Here's what went on:
- State Legislative leaders had a lively discussion, ranging from teacher pay raise bill and insurance, administrative costs, A-F grading system, and the budget deficit.
- A panel of school finance leaders offered their take on the state budget and how schools could prepare for state reductions this year and next.
- State Superintendent Hofmeister talked about her vision for education in Oklahoma.
- State Auditor and Inspector Gary Jones presented an update on the work of his office.
- Dr. David Blatt, Oklahoma Policy Institute’s Executive Director, presented on the state budget. Dr. Blatt’s presentation is included below. This information is a MUST read.
Presentations & Handouts
- Oklahoma's Budget Outlook - Presentation by Dr. David Blatt, Executive Director of the Oklahoma Policy Institute (pdf format)
- Oklahoma's Budget Trends and Outlook - January 2017 from the Oklahoma Policy Institute (pdf format)