Breakfast in the Classroom Grants Available for Oklahoma Schools
Dec 07, 2016
Do you want to increase breakfast consumption among schoolchildren and spark the academic and nutritional gains associated with the morning meal through the implementation of breakfast in the classroom? Apply today for the Partners for Breakfast in the Classroom grant. The grant is targeted to help high-need schools and districts cover the upfront costs often associated with the startup and implementation of breakfast in the classroom and “grab n’ go” programs, such as purchasing equipment, outreach efforts to parents, program promotion, and other related expenses.
Eligible schools must meet the following criteria:
- Either 70 percent or more students qualify for free or reduced-price (FRP) meals, or else the school operates community eligibility;
- Average daily participation (ADP) in school breakfast is at 50 percent or less;
- Able to serve breakfast in the classroom at no charge to all students after the morning bell;
- Strong stakeholder support from school leadership and staff;
- 3-year commitment to making reasonable efforts to continue the program; and
- Willingness to promote the program through social media and school district communication channels.
Want to learn more? Visit www.breakfastintheclassroom.org for more information about the initiative, school breakfast resources, and to download the grant application.
Questions? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click Here to download the Grant information sheet in pdf format.