Talking Points For Major Legislative Issues
Feb 08, 2016
The legislative session has begun, and many bills affecting education have been filed. This page will soon be updated to reflect the 2019 Legislative Session.
We hope that these talking points sheets will help our members easily convey important contextual information and identify potential unintented consequences. These talking points help to explain issues and can be used to complement the legislative alerts we will send out about specific bills.
Some archived examples of talking points sheets cover the following topics:
- Explaining the Oklahoma Public School Funding Crisis
- Understanding Administrative Costs in Oklahoma Schools
- Using Health Insurance to Raise Teacher Pay
- Why Education Savings Accounts Harm Students
- Why Consolidation is not the Answer for Oklahoma’s Public Schools (developed in partnership with OROS).
It is imperative that education leaders arm our supporters with easily understood talking points that don’t allow room for confusion.