ODSS Director of the Year Award
The Oklahoma Directors of Special Services makes this award annually to recognize an outstanding school leader who has been acknowledged by his or her peers for exemplary contributions made to promote and further the education of children with disabilities.
- Nominees must serve in a public school district (a) as a Director of Special Services or other administrator of special education or (b) in a position that includes the typical duties of a Director of Special Services or administrator of special education, for a minimum of seven school years.
- The nominee’s resume/vita is not required, but might benefit the Awards Committee’s selection process.
- In addition to this form, the nominator must submit at least one, but no more than three supporting letter(s) of recommendation from individual(s) other than the nominator.
- Nominees must be members of CCOSA/ODSS or another CCOSA group. The nominator must also be a CCOSA member.
- If the winning nominee has been a Director of Special Services or other administrator of special education for ten or more school years and is a member of the Council of Administrators of Special Education (CASE), ODSS will nominate that individual for CASE’s Outstanding Special Education Administrator Award.
- An individual may only receive the ODSS Director of the Year Award once. See the list of previous award recipients at https://www.ccosa.org/index.php?odss-past-outstanding-directors-of-the-year
- The CCOSA office must receive this completed nomination form and all supporting materials no later than Monday, May 4, 2020. Send by e-mail to Laura Crabtree at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Awards Committee will select the recipient from the submitted nominations. ODSS will announce the 2020 Director of the Year on Monday, May 11, 2020.
Click Here to download the 2020 Nomination Form in typable pdf format.