- FUNDING: OASA supports adequate funding for public schools in Oklahoma that includes a pay raise for teachers and support staff, and district operational money; we will oppose any efforts to divert public funds to non-public schools.
- ACCOUNTABILITY: OASA supports accountability measures that are research-based multi-criteria indicators of student growth; we will oppose a single letter grade/indicator for schools.
- ASSESSMENT & ACADEMICS: OASA supports educational opportunities that are both rigorous and relevant for students and employs rigorous and relevant student assessment.
- EMPLOYEES: OASA supports fair treatment and improved compensation for all education employees.
- LOCAL CONCERNS: OASA seeks to reduce state intrusion in local board of education matters.
Click Here to download the 2016-17 OASA Legislative Goals in pdf format.