NAESP National Distinguished Principal Award Program
Oklahoma Administrator of the Year National Distinguished Principal (NDP)
- The nominated principal must be a member of OAESP to be considered for this honor. In order to advance to the level of finalist, the nominee must also be a member of NAESP (National Association of Elementary School Principals).
- The nominee is an active principal of a school in which a commitment to excellence is clearly evident.
- The nominee must have served as an active principal for at least five years.
- The nominated principal will remain in active service in a position of school leadership during the school year in which he/she will serve as NDP.
- The nominee shows a strong commitment to the principalship through active membership in professional associations.
- The nominated principal is respected by students, colleagues, parents, and the community at large.
- The nominated principal assumes an active role in his/her community, distinguishing himself/herself as a leader in civic, religious, or humanitarian activities.
- The nominated principal shows strong educational leadership by setting high expectations for school staff and students.
- The nominee maintains an orderly, purposeful learning environment.
View the 2019-2020 form here.
*The nomination form must be received by the OAESP office no later than December 13, 2019 by email, mail or fax.
2901 North Lincoln Boulevard
Oklahoma City, OK 73105