National Distinguished Principal Award Program
Oklahoma Administrator of the Year National Distinguished Principal (NDP)
- The nominated principal must be a member of OAESP to be considered for this honor. In order to advance to the level of finalist, the nominee must also be a member of NAESP (National Association of Elementary School Principals).
- The nominee is an active principal of a school in which a commitment to excellence is clearly evident.
- The nominee must have served as an active principal for at least five years.
- The nominated principal will remain in active service in a position of school leadership during the school year in which he/she will serve as NDP.
- The nominee shows a strong commitment to the principalship through active membership in professional associations.
- The nominated principal is respected by students, colleagues, parents, and the community at large.
- The nominated principal assumes an active role in his/her community, distinguishing himself/herself as a leader in civic, religious, or humanitarian activities.
- The nominated principal shows strong educational leadership by setting high expectations for school staff and students.
- The nominee maintains an orderly, purposeful learning environment.
Click Here to download the 2018-19 NDP Nomination Form in typable pdf format.
*The nomination form must be received by the OAESP office no later than Wednesday, December 19, 2018 by email, mail or fax.
**The nominated principal will be sent an application form upon nomination, which must be completed by February 15, 2019 to be considered for an award.
2901 North Lincoln Boulevard
Oklahoma City, OK 73105