Jimmie Prickett Scholarship
The Oklahoma Directors of Special Services presents this $1,000 scholarship annually to recognize an outstanding student seeking to become a special education teacher or related service provider.
Eligibility Requirements – The applicant must:
- Be a resident of the state of Oklahoma.
- Have been accepted for full admission into an approved certification program and be within 30 credit hours of meeting certification requirements.
- Have at least one semester (fall or spring) remaining before completing the approved certification program.
- Have earned a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in the certification program.
- Be preparing to work as a special education teacher or related service provider in an Oklahoma public school.
- Upon request, provide verification of items 1-5, above.
Timeline for Submission
- The CCOSA office must receive this completed nomination form no later than Monday, March 18, 2019.
- The Awards Committee will select the recipient from the submitted applications. ODSS will announce the 2019 Jimmie Prickett Scholarship Award recipient on Monday, April 15, 2019.
Click Here to download the 2019 Nomination Form in typable pdf format.