New Principals Assistance Program
CCOSA's New Principals Assistance training provides guidance to steer an early career principal or assistant principal through the initial period of adjustment as a beginning administrator and set the foundation for a long and rewarding career.
Professional learning sessions will focus on the following areas:
- Building and nurturing a positive school culture
- Providing effective professional learning
- Prioritizing responsibilities
- Learning from student and school data
- Planning for growth and change
- Dealing with behavior, discipline issues and students in trauma
- Supporting new teachers
- Leading effective meetings
- Cultivating productive relationships and communicating with stakeholders
- Maintaining balance
- Resolving conflict
- Forming successful family and community partnerships
Sessions include guided discussions, guest presentations from experienced education leaders, and times for grade-level focus groups. Each participant will also receive a copy of the book, You're the Principal, Now What? Strategies and Solutions for New School Leaders by Jen Schwanke, ASCD.
*If you are selecting this event as a District Level Services Program Selection, please check the box that says District Level Services on Step 3 Personal Info of the registration and we will remove the cost from your registration.